Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie

I made this recipe while Vi cooked and amazing meal using the fresh herbs from his garden. If you ever get the opportunity to try his food, DO IT!








3 pkg cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped to soft peak)
1 pkg strawberry glaze*
1 16oz pkg strawberries sliced**
2 pie crusts (cooked)

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese mixture into pie shells. Mix strawberry glaze and strawberries in separate bowl. Place mixture on top of cream cheese. Chill 4-24 hours. Best made the day before. Serve with whipped cream.

* I actually prefer using strawberry Danish Dessert instead of Strawberry Glaze because the store bought glaze has a tendency to taste like plastic, but I had a hard time finding in here in California. It was still a very good dessert.
**You can substitute raspberries and use raspberry Danish Dessert.

1 comment:

Mackenzi said...

That is my favorite pie!! I'm sad I wasn't there to enjoy it.