Monday, March 14, 2011

Easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe

I made yellow cupcakes from scratch yesterday using the Smitten Kitchen recipe. They tasted like yellow cake, but had the consistency of cornbread, so I wasn't the biggest fan. However, the frosting I made to go with it turned out great!


Ingredients:
2 cubes unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
3 and a half cups powdered sugar (16 oz)
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp almond milk

Beat butter in mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Heat chocolate in microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between, until fully melted. Add chocolate to frosting and blend until smooth.

I use this recipe without the chocolate as my standard butter-cream frosting recipe.


No comments: