Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken

4 Chicken Breasts
1 can campbell's Healthy Request (98% fat free) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
8 oz pkg light cream cheese (neufchatel cheese)
1 packet (dry) Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix*
1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms (optional)**

Place ingredients into crock pot and cook on low 6-7 hours. High 3-4 hours. Serve with brown rice or egg noodles and a vegetable.


*DO NOT use fat free. Fat Free isn't supposed to be cooked.
**Crimini mushrooms are heartier than white mushrooms, they remind me of a cross between portabello and white mushrooms.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

This is a weekly fav at our house. I use fat free all of the time? Why shouldn't I be?

Aubrey Messick said...

This was sooo delish! Thanks for a yummy dinner.

Amy said...

I bought the fat free dressing and read the back. It says not to cook it. I would imagine it has something to do with the way that the ingredients break down when being cooked. Plus left a funny after-taste that I didn't like at all.