Friday, September 26, 2008

Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 box spice cake mix
1 can of Libby's pumpkin (small 15 oz can)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet are healthier)
nutmeg (optional)

Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and chocolate chips in bowl until blended. Spoon** dough onto greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 12 min depending on size of cookies.

Makes 27 cookies. Each cookie has 98 calories with chocolate chips or 80 calories without.

**Mackenzi, I used a "big spoon" - you know- the one's we don't like to use to eat cold cereal.

8 comments:

Silvs said...

I LOVE the little comments for Mackenzi.

Brittany said...

These are my absolute favorite cookies!!! I knew they weren't too bad for me, but 90 calories!!! Wahoooooo!!!!

Amy said...

Well, Mackenzi gets frustrated when the instructions aren't clear. And she specifically requested that I be clear when typing my recipes.

I believe her words were, "Don't post recipes with things like 'salt to taste'. If I knew how it was supposed to taste I wouldn't need a recipe."

Mackenzi said...

HAHAHA!! Everyone thinks I'm retarded when it comes to cooking! And I am :) Thanks for all the specifics. Although you do need to edit your rice and beans recipe because I made it last night and you didn't include instructions to drain the kidney beans first. haha

Mackenzi said...

But the rice and beans were as good as I remembered! Marc even liked it, but it wasn't spicy enough for him. (I didn't have that spicy sauce you use)

Amy said...

No one thinks you're retarded at cooking. You make some mean desserts. You're just very literal. Kinda like dad, when he put 3 whole eggs in the cake recipe (shells and all).

CoLiE-O said...

thanks for the recipe! yum! so your dad added whole eggs with shells to a cake recipe? that reminds me of those books we'd read when we were younger..amelia bedelia. in one of her books, she was making a cake that called for dates..so she cut up a calendar. ha ha. i loved those books.

Becki said...

Hurray! I was just looking for a recipe for these! Why didn't I just come to you in the first place? I should've known.